SRU MOTU Upload Checklist

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Oct 23 12:08:09 BST 2007

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:35:44 -0500 "Brandon Holtsclaw"
<imbrandon at kubuntu.org> wrote:
>Since it seems there has been a bit of confusion over just exactly what
needs to be done "pre-upload" to -proposed I suggest the folloing list be
added to the upload step of the wiki and become official policy so there is
no confusion about -proposed uploads. This list comes after a disscussion
in #ubuntu-motu just prior to this email if you all care to look back at
the logs about how we came up with this list and why ( very boring really )

>"Patch applies"
>"Result builds"
>"package upgrades cleanly"
>"application runs"
>"reported issue cannot be reproduced"
>"package uninstalls cleanly"
>"package purges cleanly".
>
>Any objections to this "minimal testing" list pre-upload ? if not i sugest
this being added to the wiki in ~48 hours.

I would add:

"No regression in the functionality being patched."

This doesn't mean regressions are OK, but that regression testing around
the change is required.

Scott K