cpufrequtils + i8kctl (+ gkrellm?) = cpu temp based throttling?

Sai Emrys sai at saizai.com
Sun Oct 21 18:52:56 BST 2007

On 10/20/07, Mattia Dongili <malattia at linux.it> wrote:
> Hummm, have you tried cpufreqd?

Huh, I thought it was just a rehash of cpufreq-utils. It looks like
it's just the tool I need, thanks for the recommendation.

However...

# /usr/sbin/cpufreqd -D
apm_init                 : /proc/apm: No such file or irectory
pmu_init                 : /proc/pmu/info: No such file or directory
nforce2_post_conf        : Unconfigured, exiting.
plugins_post_conf        : Unable to configure plugin nforce2_atxp1, removing
acpi_battery_init        : error, acpi_battery module not compiled or
inserted (/proc/acpi/battery/: No such file or directory)?
acpi_battery_init        : exiting.
acpi_event_init          : Couldn't connect to acpid socket
/var/run/acpid.socket (No such file or directory).
plugins_post_conf        : Unable to configure plugin acpi, removing
parse_config_rule        : WARNING! skipping config option "ac"
parse_config_rule        : WARNING! skipping config option "battery_interval"
init_configuration       : [Rule] name "AC Off - Low Battery" has no
options. Discarded.
parse_config_rule        : WARNING! skipping config option "acpi_temperature"
parse_config_rule        : WARNING! skipping config option "battery_interval"

# acpid
acpid: can't open /proc/acpi/event: No such file or directory

# ls /proc/acpi
ls: /proc/acpi: No such file or directory

# i8kctl
1.0 (null) C724P71 62 -1 2 27660 128280 1 2

So, acpid won't run, and therefore I can't get AC, battery, or cpu
temp into cpufreqd.

Any ideas? Maybe there's some way to get cpufreqd to use i8kctl as its
sensor source?

- Sai