Guidelines for reviewing new packages.

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 12 19:56:14 GMT 2007

Hi,

Am Montag 12 November 2007 20:38:19 schrieb Jeffrey Ratcliffe:
> On 12/11/2007, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort  wrote:
> >      4b.  Contents of diff.gz should be in debian/. i.e. no inline
> > patching.
>
> Absolutely. Especially if there are patches on patches, anything else
> makes things really hard for anybody to follow.

Personally I don't like patch systems too much.

Apart from my personal preference though, there is also the limitation that
you cannot change the upstream clean rule with patches without producing
really ugly debian/rules.

Speaking of patches on patches: you can get these only with a patch system :P.

Cheers,
    Stefan.