Fortran bindings for OpenMPI not working in Kubuntu 7.04 and 7.10?

Pär Andersson paran at lysator.liu.se
Tue Nov 6 11:28:35 GMT 2007

Hello,

> I'm not sure who is actually responsible for the openmpi-*
> packages in Kubuntu, so I decided to send this email to the
> addresses I have found in the package descriptions and I kindly
> ask you to forward this mail to whoever you think can help us.

I am not a MOTU, but I am familiar with OpenMPI so here is some advice.

The current Ubuntu OpenMPI packages are version 1.1 which is quite old. Latest
bugfix release for 1.1 is 1.1.5 from mars 2007. However the version you
probably want is 1.2.4 as the 1.2 releases have many improvements over 1.1 so
I suggest downloading and compiling that yourself from www.openmpi.org.

Then you should submit bugs about the packages being outdated to debians
bugtracker or launchpad so that packages might be updated for Ubuntu 8.04.

regards
Pär