Universe QA for Hardy

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Sat Nov 3 23:09:12 GMT 2007

On 01/11/07 at 13:46 +0100, Michael Bienia wrote:
> On 2007-10-31 15:26:04 +1100, William Grant wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 12:37 +0900, Emmet Hikory wrote:
> > > [snip]
> > >     In past releases, we have used multidistrotools (10) for this.
> > > The last URL I had appears to be down: would anyone be willing to host
> > > this?
> >
> > That was, IIRC, running on tiber, so is obviously no longer.
> > http://people.ubuntu.org.au/~fujitsu/motuscience/versions/universe.html
> > is still around, and updated hourly, covering {un,mult}iverse.
>
> After cron jobs were turned off on tiber it moved to
> http://people.debian.org/~lucas/ubuntu-versions/ but it seems to
> generate no output anymore.

I originally moved it to people.debian.org on a very temporary basis,
and asked the Ubuntu sysadmins if it was possible to host it on an
"official" ubuntu machine (that was around end of August). I never got
an answer, and didn't want to continue to run it on Debian resources, so
I disabled it.

> I've set up mdt for my use around that time. I've updated it for hardy
> now: http://members.ping.de/~mb/universe-versionslist.html
> It's currently not updated periodically but I could set up a cron job
> for it if necessary.

Cool! Tell me if you need help with some changes to the code. I'm not
actively maintaining it (the core functionality will be available in
chdist (devscripts package) soon), but I can help with some fixes.

I'm still a bit annoyed by the fact that there's no official development
machine for non-Canonical Ubuntu developers. Having all those scripts
run on various hosts over the internet is clearly not optimal...
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |