Merging Documentation

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu May 31 15:09:20 BST 2007

Hello everybody,

some of you might have discovered already that we have several documents
trying to explain the process of merging Debian changes back into
Ubuntu.

While Daniel T. Chen's IRC session was very good, other documentation is
quite a patchwork of information that needs fixing. I recommend writing
a new, concise guide from scratch that uses an example to explain the
syntax and the rough process.

Does anybody volunteer to write up a series of steps on an example
merge, that we can enhance and correct together as a group effort?

Thanks a lot, have a nice day,
 Daniel