Using DaD for merges

Adrien Cunin adri2000 at ubuntu.com
Tue May 15 11:27:45 BST 2007

Le mardi 15 mai 2007 à 11:00 +0200, Daniel Holbach a écrit :
> Hello everybody,
>
> what is the current state of affairs regarding DaD? Does it still have
> problems with generating diffs? Some of my packages were overwritten by
> Debian versions, because the diff was 0 lines long and this encouraged
> MOTUs and MOTU hopefuls to request syncs.
>
> Is this still a problem? Is somebody working on fixing those uploads?
>
> Why did nobody mail the mailing list about these problems earlier?
>
> Have a nice day,
>  Daniel

Hi Daniel,
As far as we know, the only real issue currently is the -0ubuntuX one:
when there are only -0ubuntuX changelog entries in the Ubuntu changelog,
DaD doesn't find the base version and thus fails to create correctly the
patches. Albin has written a fix, which we just need to test now.
For the packages that have been wrongly synced... a MOTU hopeful need an
ACK by a MOTU and a MOTU should be responsible for the syncs he
requests/acks. For these 0ubuntuX only packages, DaD currently produces
an empty .patch for the Ubuntu changes... a MOTU should easily
understand that it's broken.
Maybe another issue, but which is not on our side, is when the base
version of the package is not available on snapshot.debian.net: then
it's the same story as 0ubuntuX...

--
Adrien Cunin aka Adri2000