ALSA 1.0.14

Daniel T. Chen crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Sat May 5 00:59:00 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 14:42 +0200, Peter wrote:
> I have a problem with sound as only 4/6 speakers are playing and I got
> informed on the alsa-user mailing list, that in the latest version of
> ALSA (1.0.14) there are many fixes for my chip (Realtec).
> If you MOTU don't have anything to do, could you please package it?

The Ubuntu universe maintainers are not charged with maintaining main
source packages (under which alsa-driver, alsa-utils, and alsa-lib
fall).

The Launchpad ubuntu-audio team, which I lead, will investigate whether
backporting alsa-driver 1.0.14 (upon its final release) is feasible for
7.04.  Not to dash your hopes, but it's fairly improbable.

A much more sane approach is to backport only the relevant diffs into
linux-source-2.6.20.

Contact me in #ubuntu-motu/Freenode or #alsa/Freenode for the latter.

Thanks,
Daniel Chen