MOTU meeting minutes, Tuesday, March 27, 2007.
themuso at themuso.com
Tue Mar 27 10:57:34 BST 2007
MOTU Meeting, Tuesday, March 26, 2007.
== Work out MOTU Council's charter ==
As the MOTU council is still finding its way in the community, a
proposal was created on the wiki, located at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Council/Charter. Stefan Potyra (sistpoty)
requested all people present at the meeting to read it, and state what
* Everybody was happy with the proposal.
* It was decided to keep the statement about the MOTU council mediating
any disputes amongst the MOTU, if ever they arrised.
* Due to the fact that all MOTUs, and MOTU hopefuls work well together,
promoting MOTU, particularly in blogs was raised.
* Corey Burger (Burgundavia) said he would chase up the Behind Ubuntu
people to organise more interviews with MOTU members.
* A suggestion was raised to put a final call for opinions on the MOTU
mailing list, as there were very few MOTUs present at the meeting. THis
was agreed upon. Sistpoty will email the list about the charter.
== Other business ==
There were no other items on the agenda, but a few points were raised
that warranted discussion.
* Luke Yelavich (TheMuso) asked about whether it would be worth using
some sort of system to indicate who is doing what merge, for the next
release cycle, particularly as more people are coming abord to help.
* All agreed that this was a valid concern. Sistpody had originally
coded something for use a couple of release cycles back, but the code is
badly out of date, and needs updating to work with launchpad again.
* Help will be greatfully accepted from anybody to get this tool ready
* The current code base is in a bzr repository, and can be branched
* Being able to add comments to packages needing merging at
merges.ubuntu.com was raised, with Tollef Fog Heen (Mithrandir) stating
that any requests/issues with Merge oMatic (MoM) should be addressed to
either him, or Matthias Klose (doko).
* Since there are many tools that people use to make MOTU/packaging
work easier, it was suggested that a package be put together with
commonly used tools/scripts that people may find useful.
* It was decided that a motutools product would be created on
Launchpad, and a bzr branch be created. TheMuso will create the product,
and announce it to the mailing list.
== Next meeting time ==
The next MOTU meeting will be on Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 20:00UTC.
Hope to see you there.
This and the IRC log shall be on the wiki shortly.
GPG key: 0xD06320CE
Email & MSN: themuso at themuso.com
Jabber: themuso at jabber.org.au
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/attachments/20070327/0d7077fa/attachment-0001.pgp
More information about the Ubuntu-motu