Universe Bug Triage

Andrew Price andy at andrewprice.me.uk
Wed Mar 14 15:44:26 GMT 2007

On 14/03/07 11:39, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
Hi Daniel

> Am Mittwoch, den 14.03.2007, 09:35 +0000 schrieb Andrew Price:
>> Firstly I found that some bugs seem to need some kind of "higher"
>> decisions (I probably mean "experienced" decisions) to be made about how
>> they are fixed, or what direction to take with them.
>
> Maybe we should tag them as 'needs-decision'. Thoughts?

That sounds good, so long as the tags will be used by those in-the-know
to find the bugs afterwards.

>> Secondly, I'm guessing this info about triaging universe bugs is being
>> passed on to the Ubuntu bugsquad/bugs helpers? My thinking is that they
>> do most of the bug triaging work and then MOTU/MOTU-helpers would pick
>> it up from there so the info would be better off getting spread further
>> than MOTU.
>
> I wrote https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/Tags and announced it here
> (https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-bugsquad/2007-February/000466.html), also see https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-bugsquad/2007-February/000462.html
>
> Can you think of anything else we should do?

That looks sufficient to me :) I hadn't read that wiki page before, I'll
have to add it to my "toolbox".

>> Thirdly, is the MOTU mailing list just for MOTU discussions or can
>> anyone interested in helping out with universe join in the discussion
>> here? If not, I apologise, and maybe there should be a more general
>> [ubuntu-universe at lists.ubuntu.com] :) If so, awesome, I'm in the right place.
>
> I think it's perfectly fine to use ubuntu-motu@ for that. We don't have
> such a high volume yet that we'd need to split the list.

Okay that's good. I know a lot of the universe discussion happens on IRC
but mailing lists can be quite valuable too. Now that my university
course is keeping me very busy, mailing lists are my main source of
Ubuntu interaction (IRC is firewalled off from campus, and mailing lists
can be read and re-read any time).

Thanks for your help, Daniel

--
Andy Price