call for votes: KDE4 uploads to universe

Luka Renko lure at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 12 23:00:36 GMT 2007

On Monday 12. of March 2007 23:45:49 Stefan Potyra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just came up with a different idea:
>
> What if we'd allow kde4 specific packages in now, and would have the binary
> packages removed before feisty is released*. Jonathan, would that be an
> option or would it defeat the original purpose?
>
> *) in case ubuntu-archive allows this.

Stefan, kde4* packages in feisty would help KDE application developers to work
on snapshot version of the packages. These packages are not meant for end
users, but to make Kubuntu a better platform for KDE developers that want to
move their apps to KDE4. So, I do not see much point in removing this
packages before the release of fesity.

Jonathan could probably host these packages in kubuntu.org repositories, but
this would limit the number of architectures as he can provide i386 only.
This is why he would like to have them in universe and use ubuntu buildd
infrastructure (and mirrors...).

Regards,
Luka