Help building up the community?

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 5 01:12:11 GMT 2007

Hi all,

MOTU is a pretty important project in Ubuntu, and I am really keen to
see it grow. I know the project has had some troubles growing and
getting enough people on board to help the rather huge goal of managing
Universe - I am keen to help fix this where possible.

>From asking around, it seems the project needs help with (a) outreach
and getting new people involved (b) getting people excited about MOTU
and (c) defining some direction for the project. Is this a fair
assessment?

Is this something you folks would like help with? If so, I was thinking
the first step is for me to organise an IRC meeting. I could then advise
on some initial steps, particularly for helping with outreach, and then
we can look at fixing the other problems.

Would this be useful?

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon