Package ivtv-utils wrong binary file in Packages ?

Robin Elfrink robin at 15augustus.nl
Thu Jun 7 13:45:02 BST 2007

(cc: superm1 at ubuntu.com as original author of mentioned wiki page)

Hello,

On investigating lirc not recognizing my Hauppauge PVR150 IR remote,
because of 'ivtvctl --reset-ir' giving an error, I found the following
lines from 'dpkg -p ivtv-utils' conflicting:

Version: 0.10.1-0ubuntu1
Filename: pool/multiverse/i/ivtv/ivtv-utils_0.7.0-2_i386.deb

I guessed that would explain the 'ioctl VIDIOC_INT_RESET failed: Invalid
argument' message after 'ivtvctl --reset-ir'. So I grabbed the 0.10.2
sources for ivtv, did a simple 'dpkg-build' and installed the resulting
ivtv-utils_0.10.2-1ubuntu1_i386.deb.

Now 'ivtvctl --reset-ir' properly resets the IR chip, and lirc
recognizes it as it should. (I also tried rebuilding the original 0.10.1
ivtv source but it failed as well).

I seem to have proper access rights to modify
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Install_Lirc_Feisty to help other
people with the same problem, but it seems more like a packaging
problem, plus I'm not sure this information belongs in that page.

Robin