Future of REVU and Debian Mentors

Charlie cjsmo at cableone.net
Mon Jul 30 10:41:49 BST 2007

Bram Neijt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wether joining REVU and Debian Mentors is a good idea or not, I
> can't say. However, I can tell you that I don't like the
> "everything through mail" approach debian has. When I'm getting
> help on packaging, I like the fact that IRC and REVU are in sync:
> if somebody says he/she posted a comment via IRC, it's there. I
> think this speed of comments is an important feature or REVU for
> eager new package developers.
Speed is only realized if a MOTU is *willing* to review your package.
If not it will just set there, and set there and set there.  As a
matter of fact I have a package in REVU right now and the last MOTU
comment is dated July 10.  And while I am up on my soap box, REVU days
are a joke, I have begged and begged and begged MOTU's to review my
package on what are suppose to be REVU days, like I said above the
last MOTU comment on my package is July 10.  So to sum up Ubuntu's
REVU way of doing things is not any better or any worse than Debian's
mail only way of doing things.

My 2c

cjs