Merges - Pinging Previous Uploaders

Emmet Hikory emmet.hikory at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 04:09:16 BST 2007

On 7/14/07, Andy Price <andy-price at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> At the MOTU meeting today it was mentioned that we look into the merges
> process. I'm specifically looking into how best to streamline the part
> of the process where mergers "ping" the previous uploaders to check it's
> OK to merge the package.
<...>
> The previous uploader would then be subscribed to the merger's merge bug
> when it is opened.

    I like the idea of subscribing the previous uploader to merge
bugs, (especially if there is more effort to open them in advance of
debdiff preparation).  On the other hand, some people filter bugmail,
and may not notice for some time.  Perhaps this could be in addition
to other notification methods?

--
Emmet HIKORY