New Package Requirements

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Jul 10 13:24:37 BST 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 11:43, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'd like to draw your attention to
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewPackageRequirements
>
> There was a quick session with the archive admins today and everybody
> said that they were quite pleased with the quality of packages that
> enter Source NEW nowadays.
>
> There are a few things though which happen every now and then which keep
> new packages from entering the archive. Most common are license and
> copyright issues. The wiki page above helps with that and I'm sure that
> if reviewers and new contributors read it and bear it in mind, we'll
> have more instant NEWings of packages in the near future.
>
> Thanks everybody, have a nice day,
>  Daniel

Thank you.  Clarity on requirements is always good.

Along those lines, it is very common for me to see packages with (for example)
FSF copyrights in makefiles that are not mentioned in debian/copyright.  I
think that if there are exceptions for what does NOT need to be listed in
debian/copyright it would be a useful addition to the page.

Scott K