Preparing the way for emacs22 with many individual package updates

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 6 10:57:10 BST 2007

esr at thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) writes:

> Toby Smithe <tsmithe at ubuntu.com>:
>>             They are usually placed into /etc/apt/sources.list, or a
>> file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d. After updating this file, you will need
>> to update the cache, by running "apt-get update".
>
> Done.  Is the incantation to follow with "apt upgrade emacs22"?

It follows with `apt-get install emacs22`. The packages are available
now, I'm using them currently myself with Gnus/CVS :). Please note, the
packages are built for the `gutsy` distribution, which will become
ubuntu 7.10. It is corrently not recommended to use that version for
production use. I will update the packages in my PPA until it gets
accepted into gutsy properly.

Sorry for not being more clear in the first place.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4