Preparing the way for emacs22 with many individual package updates

Michael Olson mwolson at gnu.org
Thu Jul 5 15:02:33 BST 2007

Reinhard Tartler <siretart at ubuntu.com>
writes:

> Michael Olson <mwolson at gnu.org> writes:
>> And here are some packages of mine that have been updated recently in
>> Debian unstable and need a sync to preserve the manual.
>>
>>  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/erc/+bug/123906
>>  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/muse-el/+bug/123907
>
> If the manual has been stripped of in debian, we need another
> orig.tar.gz. In that case we cannot sync from debian, since we are
> using another source in fact. Do I miss something here?

I haven't actually removed the manuals from the .orig.tar.gz in the
Debian version -- I just did not install them into the package.  So it
should be safe to sync, since .orig.tar.gz is the same in Debian and
Ubuntu.

--
       Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652     |
 http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net  |  /` |\ | | |