PHP 4 will be removed from the archive shortly

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 21 19:15:28 GMT 2007

Hello MOTUs,

we have not supported PHP 4 for three releases now, and it's time to
remove it from the archive to avoid shipping unsupported stuff with
known security vulnerabilities. The world has mostly moved to PHP 5
anyway.

However, there are currently 13 packages that still depend on php4
packages (like libapache2-mod-php4). If noone cares for them, they
will be removed along with php4, but a few of them (like drupal) are
actually interesting.

In order to rescue them, they need to get alternative dependencies to
libapache2-mod-php5, php5-cgi, etc. (look e. g. at mantis for an
example). Those changes should be sent to Debian as well.

Is anyone interested in this?

Please CC me on replies, I'm not subscribed.

Thank you!

Martin

List of reverse dependencies:

bbclone