SRU process: "verification-motu-needed" deprecated by general "verification-needed"?

Luca Falavigna dktrkranz at ubuntu.com
Sat Dec 29 23:36:02 GMT 2007

Scott Kitterman ha scritto:
> Was there discussion of this change at one of the recent meetings (I've been
> offline a lot during holiday travel)?  It seems to me that this makes it
> harder to find Universe SRUs needing verification.

FYI, meeting log is available here:
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2007/12/15/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt

There's a good rationale behind this choice. We want to keep main and
universe procedures as close as possible, these are the deltas so far:

1) motu-sru is responsible to approve a SRU candidate for
universe/multiverse components (instead of ubuntu-sru)
2) SRU candidates includes FTBFS, not installable, and segfault on
startup cases (not always addressed in main/restricted)

Having two separate series of tags would introduce more deltas than
necessary, since we can easily discover SRUs needing verification via
the following links:

 * http://tinyurl.com/3bgr3y (Dapper)
 * http://tinyurl.com/3akl7x (Edgy)
 * http://tinyurl.com/3b2u78 (Feisty)
 * http://tinyurl.com/yr7wsu (Gutsy)

These ones show verified SRUs:

 * http://tinyurl.com/25f6dk (Dapper)
 * http://tinyurl.com/yw59th (Edgy)
 * http://tinyurl.com/yu5ldn (Feisty)
 * http://tinyurl.com/yuk7s7 (Gutsy)

Also, http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/pending-sru.html is a
great tool to have a quick look at outstanding SRUs.

Regards,

--
Luca Falavigna