File association issue

Dallas Jones jones.dallas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:09:27 GMT 2007

Hi, all:

I've been plugging away at desktop integration, but I am still failing
to launch my app when I double-click an associated file type. Ubuntu
does not understand that the file type ought to be associated with the
app.

I have added mime types for the new file extensions and registered
them with update-mime-database, and the .desktop file for my app has
those mime types listed, yet there is still no joy.

Can anyone point me to a link with some additional documentation about
successfully building file association into a .deb package?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-Dallas