can-not-install bugs

Luca Falavigna dktrkranz at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 26 14:23:24 BST 2007

Hi,

during Feisty development cycle, Michael Vogt reported a lot of
can-not-install bugs. A list can be found at [1]. Many of them requires
mysql-server/postgresql in order to be configured successfully, while
such packages are only recommended because a SQL server is not running
on a local box, usually.

Some times ago, I created a debdiff in order to fix [2]. It is based on
a workaround created by Mario Liminciello appeared in [3]. I would like
to give my contribution by fixing some of them, so I would like to
receive your suggestions on how to proceed and on the patch itself, if
you think it must be adjusted.

Thank you for your time.

[1] http://snipurl.com/1i8rb
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mtop/+bug/93741