Packages updates on REVU

Cesare Falco cesare.falco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 18:28:05 BST 2007

> > I think the REVU/wiki page has to be updated, to explicitely say:

"When-you-upload-a-package-go-on-#ubuntu-motu-and-cry-and-yell-until-you-get-a-MOTU-to-review-it".

> I definitely agree with this. Just uploading a package to REVU is not
> enough, we should clearly document that.

IMHO you *do* understand that you *have* to ask for reviews and
mentoring. Or, at least, *I* did. :)

What you don't understand is *how* you should do it.
Is the chat mandatory?
Is there a mail address to write to, instead?
Or a mailing list?
Or a web site to contact?
Or a form to fill anywhere?

Finally, I have to admit I feel uncomfortable with chats, having the
strong feeling I could hurt someone just "crying and yelling" around.
Not to mention time zones... reviews from the other side of the world
would be great and helpful, but I still have to sleep, sometimes... ;)
I'd rather prefer mailing lists, which are slower indeed, but I know
someone will answer as he/she can.

Cesare.