Looking for Mentors for my SDLMAME package

Micah Cowan micah at cowan.name
Sun Apr 22 20:00:53 BST 2007

Gauvain Pocentek wrote:
> Cesare Falco wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>

> Hello Cesare,
>
>> I'm looking for Mentors for my package (sdlmame).
>>
>> It has been in the REVU since February, but I would like to
>> wait for Feisty release as I assumed this was the primary task.
>>
>> Anyone would help me, please? :)
>>

> What is the difference between your package and the xmame-sdl one? Are
> they 2 different softwares?

Yes, the latter is xmame with an SDL video driver. Xmame development has
apparently not been moving significantly for a year or two, owing to
changes in mame that xmame cannot follow without significant rewrites.
sdlmame, OTOH, /is/ a rewrite, and follows more recent changes in Mame.

This is all AIUI; I only recently discovered these things, myself.

I'm happy to see someone packaging this! :)

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/