(old) sync request for gnome-hearts

Sander Marechal s.marechal at jejik.com
Tue Sep 5 07:28:07 BST 2006

Daniel T. Chen wrote:
> Sync requests now must adhere to the policy noted on -devel-announce
> [2][3]. Please update bug #53544 to bring it into conformance.

[3] makes no sense since gnome-hearts isn't in Ubuntu yet, but I'll make
the changes required by [2]. I'm waiting for gnome-hearts 0.1.2 to hit
the upload queue. 0.1.2 already in Debian's SVN but 0.1.1 is in unstable
and testing.

> In looking at the diff.gz in Debian Sid [4], unless the gnome-games
> source package in Ubuntu Edgy is realigned with Debian experimental's,
> you'll need to tweak the gnome-hearts binary package's Depends, since
> the binary package gnome-cards-data is not generated from Edgy's
> gnome-games source package.

Not experimental. The change to gnome-games was made on June 10th to
Debian unstable[5] and migrated to Debian testing about a week later.
Adjusting Edgy's gnome-games should be easy, seeing that it's a
relatively small fix (23 lines not counting changelogs, most of it
debian/control.in fluff).

> In light of this difference [and unless said realignment is made soon],
> gnome-hearts will need to be merged.

That should be easy too. Just grab gnome-hearts's debian/ from
svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-gnome/packages/unstable/gnome-hearts/debian
and delete the gnome-cards-data patch from the patches/ directory. The
downside is that users will have the bonded.png card deck installed
twice, but even without gnome-cards-data gnome-hearts will happily play
along with the gnome-games card decks. I can build the package too if
you lack access to debian SVN.

> [2]
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2006-August/000181.html
> [3]