Speex on AMD64 Dapper

Ming Hua minghua-list at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 23 09:48:34 BST 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 06:19:26PM +1000, William Grant wrote:
> On Monday 23 October 2006 11:54, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I hope I'm posting to the right list.
>
> Sorry, this isn't the right list. This is for development relating to the
> universe and multiverse components only, speex is in main. You'd have better
> luck on the ubuntu-devel mailing list.

Just to clarify -- When William said "speex is in main", he meant the
source package speex is in main.  Although the binary package speex is
in universe, since both speex and libspeex1 are built from the source
package speex, and libspeex1 is in main, this means the source package
speex is in main.  (Yeah, it is quite confusing when you look at
Launchpad.)

As I've commented in bug #19482, to update a main package in dapper, the
procedures in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates needs to be
followed.  And I agree with William that contacting ubuntu-devel list
would be a good idea.

Ming
2006.10.23