Packaging f-spot 0.2.2 for dapper

Christoffer Sørensen sorensen.christoffer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 15:51:56 BST 2006

Hi,

I want to package f-spot 0.2.2 for dapper. This is only for private
use (I need the picasa upload)

I've followed the packaging guide
https://help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/packagingguide/C

I've set up a build environment on edgy for dapper builds. I'm using
the f-spot 0.1.1 depency list and added mono-gmcs. It seems to be
enough.

Now, when I issue the 'sudo pbuilder build ../*.dsc' command pbuilder
starts to build but I don't get any package out. I see only warnings:

printf '%P\0' | xargs -r0 md5sum > DEBIAN/md5sums) >/dev/null
        chmod 644 debian/f-spot/DEBIAN/md5sums
        chown 0:0 debian/f-spot/DEBIAN/md5sums
dh_builddeb -pf-spot
        dpkg-deb --build debian/f-spot ..
dpkg-deb: building package `f-spot' in `../f-spot_0.2.2-1_i386.deb'.
 dpkg-genchanges
dpkg-genchanges: warning: no utmp entry available and LOGNAME not
defined; using uid of process (1234)
dpkg-architecture: warning: no utmp entry available and LOGNAME not
defined; using uid of process (1234)
dpkg-parsechangelog: warning: no utmp entry available and LOGNAME not
defined; using uid of process (1234)
debian: warning: no utmp entry available and LOGNAME not defined;
using uid of process (1234)
dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
dpkg-buildpackage: full upload (original source is included)
Copying back the cached apt archive contents
 -> unmounting dev/pts filesystem
 -> unmounting proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc filesystem
 -> unmounting proc filesystem
Current time: Sun Oct 15 16:27:47 CEST 2006
pbuilder-time-stamp: 1160922467
 -> cleaning the build env
    -> removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//27998 and its
subdirectories

Attached you can find the debian/control file.

Does anybody see what's wrong here?

What does this 'warning: no utmp entry available and LOGNAME not
defined; using uid of process (1234)' mean?

Regards,

Chris