Problem signing packages

Richard Bailey rmjb at mail.com
Tue Oct 10 14:49:19 BST 2006

Hello Loic,

I'm also going through the guide, and though I can't read French it looks
like you're getting the same error as I with the agent. To fix, edit your
~/.gnupg/gpg.conf file and comment out the use-agent option.

Signing packages *should* work now.

- Regards,
Richard

On 10/10/06, Loïc Martin <loic.martin3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've followed the instructions in The Ubuntu Packaging Guide and those
> in  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/REVU   but still face a problem
> :
> when I run
>
> > debuild -S -sa -kMYIDKEY
> >
> I'm asked for my pass phrase, fill it but it fails. Here is the output :
>
> > Vous avez besoin d'une phrase de passe pour déverrouiller la
> > clé secrète pour l'utilisateur: « Loïc Martin (t3g) <
> > loic.martin3 at gmail.com> »
> > clé de 1024 bits DSA, ID BFF60F74, créée le 2006-09-26
> >
> gpg: problème avec l'agent - arrêt d'utilisation de l'agent
> >
> debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....
> > debuild: fatal error at line 791:
> > running debsign failed
> >

> My key is configured, gpa is running, but I can't sign my packages...
>
> On another note, my packages all have  a dependancy on
> language-pack-fr-base, even though I haven't specified it. They also depend
> on libc6-i686 (and libc6) which is another problem I've noted, among with a
> lot of unrequired dependancies (like coreutils, binutils, etc...). It's a
> simple package (gnugo 3.7.10) and I can't figure why I've got these added
> dependancies.
>
> Last note, I'm using debhelper and following the part in the Ubuntu
> Packaging Guide about using debhelper.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Loïc

"Look at their players from big clubs like Juventus and Arsenal and
Anderlecht, look at ours from San Juan Jabloteh and New England
Revolution...and look what we did. This is the beauty of our game."
Coach Leo Beenhakker - after TnT's draw against Sweden