new to open source dev....

Amit Dey eamitdey at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 25 15:28:13 GMT 2006

Hi everyone. I have never done any open source developement before but i would like to start now. Ubuntu seems to be good place for this....

  So how good is submitting a package to ubuntu. Is it really worth it. I mean is it really evaluated.

  How can i determine what to do which would be appreciated by ubuntu users. Something simple as i am a newbie.

  I would like to hear from you about this matter. Just need ur opinion, ideas and suggestions.

  Thanks.