handling sync requests

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 11 01:04:29 GMT 2006

Am Samstag 11 März 2006 01:18 schrieb Stefan Potyra:
> Hi folks,
>
> Am Dienstag 21 Februar 2006 05:15 schrieb Stefan Potyra:
> > In case it will take a longer period of time, until sync requests are
> > progressed again, could we manually upload syncs? (imo we should be safe
> > if we use a version number right below unstable's version and tag these
> > uploads with -XbuildY
>
> after asking for a duplicate UVF-exception right now (*doh*), I was told
> that exactly this seems to be current practice.
> So, if you have open syncs for a version -X, please upload them as version
> -XbuildY

and one more thing I learned from slomo right now:
use dpkg-buildpackage -v to include the changelogs of newer debian versions in
the changelog (check your .changes file before uploading, if it worked the
way expected ;))

> Example: nco
> debian version: 2.9.9-2
> current ubuntu version: 2.9.9-1build1
> version to upload: 2.9.9-2build1
dpkg-buildpackage call:

dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -v2.9.9-1 -S [...]
(that will include changelog entries from 2.9.9-1 and later)

Cheers,
	Stefan.