GnuPG keys on REVU / LP integration process

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 19:30:19 BST 2006

Hi guys,

Since the new system of getting GnuPG keys of REVU uploaders from LP has been
set, there have been key problems with people who had already uploaded to
REVU, but are not in the ubuntu-universe-contributors group.

People who are already members of the following groups are members of
ubuntu-universe-contributors by default (indirectly, but still) :
  - REVU Admins
  - REVU Hackers
  - Ubuntu Core Development Team
  - Ubuntu Develoment Team
  - Ubuntu Technical Board

Since the ubuntu-universe-contributors group is going to be the reference for
REVU upload rights from now on, I suggest every people who are already
registered into REVU and are not members of the previously listed groups
request to be added to the ubuntu-universe-group, so we rebuild the keyring
properly.

Cheers,

Raphaël

P.S.: the system still requires to run an update of the keyring manually after
users have been added to the group on LP and I don't want to set a crontab on
this command (all the more that we know when we accept people in the team) so
don't expect to regain your REVU upload rights immediatly after being added
into the team.

--
Raphaël Pinson
<raphink at ubuntu.com>