grsync package

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Mon Jun 26 12:18:21 BST 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 11:22:00AM +0300, Kiddo wrote:
> I would like to know if it's possible to update the grsync package in
> the ubuntu and debian repositories to the latest version, 0.4.3, which
> was released yesterday. In addition to the mountain of features since
> the 0.1.x series, I helped the author make the user interface cleaner
> and more "HIG" compliant.
>
> This package is pretty much standalone and should not break anything,
> will it be possible to update it? I personnally made a .deb with
> checkinstall, but I don't think that is the "proper" way to do it. It
> would be better to have it apt-gettable in any way.

0.4.3 will enter debian soon (Thanks, Daniel!), and will be synced
automatically to the development branch of ubuntu, currently edgy eft.

If you want to see this package in dapper, please wait until it is
uptodate in edgy, and use [1] to request it to be included in
dapper-backports.

[1] https://launchpad.net/products/dapper-backports/+filebug

I'm sorry to tell you that there is no way we can update it in dapper
directly anymore. All we can offer you currently is to go via
dapper-backports.

Gruesse,
	Reinhard