[ubuntu-motu] Dapper Drake Developer CD!

Moses Marimo marimo at timb.co.zw
Mon Jun 5 15:18:16 BST 2006

> Thanks florian. I was actually about to ask where I can get the DVD
> image. I have been going through the Ubuntu website and don't seem to
> get a link to the DVD image????

I had missed this on the Ubuntu download page:

Ubuntu DVD Releases
Please check back soon.

........ :(

Now my 5 cents........Dapper Drake is a master piece. There is no doubt
about it! However, without the support of software developers, it will
not invade users' desktops at the rate proportional to its quality.
Developers and techie guys are usually the first to have their hands on
an OS, then recomend to users. Now, if it is hard for these people to
get their hands on the tools they need, it becomes a big impediment
indeed for wide spread adoption of Ubuntu!

I think Ubuntu team should seriously look at having a special CD for
developers and techies who will be encouraged to start developing
software on Ubuntu and also providing technical assistance.

.......probable a Ubuntu Dapper Drake Developer CD!!!!

Regards,

Moses