motu bot was: Easier MOTUing

Jordan Mantha mantha at chem.unr.edu
Mon Jul 17 22:43:51 BST 2006

Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> On Mi, 2006-07-12 at 12:10 +0200, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>> What is the bot supposed to do? Who admins him?
>
> the idea was to have a bot which can answer frequently asked questions.
> This already happens in #ubuntu (Ubotu). Dennis Kaarsemaker was kind
> enough to add it to #ubuntu-motu and explain its usage on
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbotuUsage
>
> I think it's a good idea, once we start feeding facts to the bot and we
> should just try and see how good it works for us.

  Dennis was also kind enough to add me as a ubotu editor so I can add
factoids. So far it knows the following MOTU related factoids:
revu
gpg
pastebin
repos
apt-file
metapackage
backports
packaging
builddep
lists
pbuilder
motu
contribute
coc
bugs
mentors

We should check to see if those factoids are correct and useful for us.
We can create #ubuntu-motu specific versions if the general ones are to
simple/vague but are needed for #ubuntu et al. I'll try to add more
goodies over the next few days. Also, ubotu also provides some cool
features such as !seen <ircnick> to keep track of people and !info
<pkgname> <release> for info on packages. Hopefully ubotu will allow us
to be more helpful and consistent with our responses to common questions.

-Jordan Mantha (aka LaserJock)