Reporting Bugs to Debian

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Fri Jan 27 10:09:51 GMT 2006

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 10:56:42AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > I just setup a wiki page about when to report bugs in debian. Please
> > have a look at it: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/ReportingBugsToDebian

> Isn't this a big redundant with ContributingToDebian ? Could you merge
> both ?

I could, but I have concerns. First of all, I don't like long wiki
pages, espc. when you are only interested in a specific part. Second,
I'd like to have a wiki page where I can point our users to when they
ask how to report bugs in debian from their ubuntu system (this is not
explained at http://debian.org/bugs/reporting.

I agree that the parts about reporting bugs in ContributingToDebian
should rather be merged to ReportingBugsToDebian (and make
ContributingToDebian refert to ReportingBugsToDebian).

regards,
	Reinhard