[UVF Exception Report] wine 0.9.6

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Sat Jan 21 12:10:51 GMT 2006

Hi Scott,

On Friday 20 January 2006 21:33, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 05:24 +0100, Stephan Hermann wrote:
>
> Sorry, but which package is this?  I uploaded a source .deb several
> hours after I got this email, so it's probably not the one I built.
>
> http://winehq.org/site/download-deb
>
> Also, I'm going to second including this version, especially because
> it's a security update (fixing WMF vulnerability).

You are right. We can't use your packages directly, because of the winehq
version numbering you are using.Our version would be "older" then your winehq
numbering, so we have to repackage your source package. Using your
orig.tar.gz, but replacing the changelog in a clean and appropriate manner
(including your changelog report, but removing your winehq numbering scheme).

For the test I used a original tar.bz2 archive, and packaged it.

The wmf issue were fixed already in 0.9.5 upload via applying the patch from
wine upstream. But it would be nice, to have all the "hidden" fixes as well
in the archive.

Oh, btw, I forgot to tell you, I only changed in debian/rules the copy of
config.{sub,guess} from clean target (I think originally originated in
dh_make) to the configure target, which is decreasing the size of the diff.gz
and a settled packaging change for us (you could change it as well, if you
like).

Regards,

\sh