The last couple of weeks in MOTU

Ming Hua minghua-list at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 20 21:31:41 GMT 2006

Hi Stephan,

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 01:11:24PM +0100, Stephan Hermann wrote:

> I write this email to explain, why I'm a bit disappointed in the last couple
> of weeks with the mood around our Universe.

Being one in the camp that advocates "we should communicate more with
and contribute back to Debian", I'd like to apologize if some of my
discussion on mailing list or IRC made you feel that way.

I came to MOTU from a very different background than you, so I can't
share many of the opinions in your email, but I believe that won't
affect our collaborating in MOTU.

However one of your points is well taken: if I talk about "relationship
with Debian" again, I'll emphasize as strongly as possible that it is a
"would be nice to have" thing and should be on a voluntary basis,
instead of a policy and forced upon everyone.  And I hope other people
agree with me.

Ming
2006.01.20