Change of UVF exceptions process

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Tue Feb 28 09:27:50 GMT 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 12:48:44AM +0100, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> All open requests, which were sent to the list will be still processed
> in the normal way, Reinhard will send a list of stuff that is Ok later
> on.

Ok, the last days we discussed and approved the following packages from
UVF, categorized to give some sort of indication why:

== volatile apps ==

we consider all packages which loose functionality if they
are not updated as volatile. (My personal opinion is that we need a
better approach to these kinds of applications, but we stay with this
approach for now)

* mldonkey
* nicotine
* gnomeicu
* wesnoth

== small changes ==

We have no conserns about these packages, since they only have quite
small changes

* bum
* gtkedit
* gnome-web-photo
* gnome-rdp

== medium changes but interesting bugs fixed ==

Packages which fixes important bugs, and we are confident that we should
have them in dapper

* xvidcore
* f-spot
* avidemux
* wine
* apt-proxy
* dosemu
* sylpheed-claws-gtk2
* dnsmasq
* feed2imap
* librmagick-ruby
* glom
* gnomebaker

== unrisky packages ==

These packages have very small reverse depends and updating them have
low risk for stability of dapper as release

* fortunes-spam
* x-moto
* rake

== rejected ==

We tend to reject these packages, mainly because we don't think that the
current package is broken. Please see the corresponding thread on this
mailing list. If you still think that we need a UVF exception, please
file a bug.

* krusader (this was very close. We rejected this for now, because we
  don't have enough information about this. Please file a bug with
  additional information)
* afterstep (see thread)
* kernel-patch-speakup (see list, should we remove that from universe?)

I'm pretty sure that I missed one package or another. In this case,
please file a bug as described in Daniels Mail.

Sorry for the big delay, things will go more smoothly from now on using
malone and launchpad.

Let's get (back?) to work now! :)

Gruesse,
	Reinhard