"official" MOTU projects (was: Morgue for MOTU ?)

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Fri Feb 10 12:25:12 GMT 2006

On Thursday 09 February 2006 21:03, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 09/02/06 at 18:38 +0100, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> [...]

> > > There's a big difference between "something terribly broken" and
> > > "something which quite works but could really be improved".
> >
> > Yes, this is named "Wishlist Bug" and "Discuss it on #launchpad and/or
> > elmo/keybuk/etc."
>
> The general policy regarding wishlist bug is that they are of lower
> priority than other bugs (that's why they are named wishlist bugs after
> all). What if :
> - the bug is really wishlist level, but it matters to *you*
> - you can't help integrate it in LP since LP is closed-source
>
> Is the only solution to just wait ?

Yes. For closed source projects this is the solution. Or you find more people
who are annoyed of this and you can state this in the bugreports. And raise
this with an email to the software manufacture (in this case Canonical) and
let them realise that it's better to fix that wishlist bug.

Regards,

\sh