"official" MOTU projects (was: Morgue for MOTU ?)

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Thu Feb 9 17:38:17 GMT 2006

On Thursday 09 February 2006 14:06, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 09/02/06 at 12:57 +0000, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> > These thoughts lead directly to the questions "What are we MOTUs, why do
> > we work in the MOTU Team, where did we come from, and where do we go
> > tomorrow". Strange questions, but necessary, I think.
>
> Add: What can be expected from a MOTU regarding quality, dedication, etc.
> This is similar to the questions about contribution to Debian. And
> there's really no easy answer.

You can't expect anything from a volunteer.
Actually it's his name which qualifies his work which he did already.
Or he is a starter in this OSS business and he has to work hard, he will
because he wants.
But you can't expect anything. And no one should.

> > > If there is something which is terrible broken with the infrastructure,
> > > we should inform via LP the infrastructure people and ask them to fix
> > > it.
>
> There's a big difference between "something terribly broken" and
> "something which quite works but could really be improved".

Yes, this is named "Wishlist Bug" and "Discuss it on #launchpad and/or
elmo/keybuk/etc."

Regards,

\sh