Merges Galore!

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 8 17:09:05 GMT 2006

Hello Soren,

Am Freitag, den 08.12.2006, 16:58 +0100 schrieb Soren Hansen:
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 12:50:24PM +0100, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> > It'd be great if you could all grab a few of them, notify the last
> > uploader that you're cracking on them and get them done. I'm sure
> > there's a lot of packages we can just sync from Debian.
>
> 'Ubuntu
> wins by not having a "maintainer lock".  Lets not start trying to
> enforce one'.

in my opinion notifying != locking. This is useful, when a merge takes a
bit longer and people don't do the same work twice.

If you all find that it's good enough to go without notification, let's
try without it in Universe. We had just some "work duplication" in main
which didn't do much for the motivation.

I still think "Working on your merge: <package X>" is not unreasonable
and too much to ask for, but that's just my opinion.

Nevertheless, keep on rocking :-)
 Daniel