MOTU-SRU-Report, w49

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 5 21:02:05 GMT 2006

Hi folks,
here's the MOTU-SRU-Report, W49:

First of all, we've been doing some cleanup on our queue and rejected bugs
that were not SRU-ready due to missing patches.

Also we've been internally discussing two minor points in the current SRU
policy:

* the tags to use, once a package makes it into -proposed are
verification-motu-needed and verification-motu-done (once it's done). That
way the tags don't overlap with main.

* If you're filing an SRU report, you should set yourself as assignee to the
sru-report in question. That way it's clear, that you'll take care of the
SRU, which means to do the actual uploads once approved, ping people to do
testing and write comments to it, care for new bugreports after it's
published to -updates (and so on).

Please don't assign motu-sru, subscribe 'em ;).

What else:
The winner of the first update is likely to be #43150, it's already sitting in
the dapper-updates queue.

And now the list of bugs we handled/are handling:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/dmraid/+bug/68294
        * present patch too invasive, rejected

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/kdbus/+bug/73780
        * needs more votes

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/oprofile/+bug/69455
        * in edgy-proposed, or in the queue

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/octplot/+bug/70789
        * update doesn't result in a working package, rejected

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/dosemu/+bug/72951
        * needs more votes

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/dosemu-freedos/+bug/73056
        * too invasive, rejected and moved to backports instead

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-hearts/+bug/65274
        * missing info for a sru-request, removed from list until
          info present

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/libnss-ldap/+bug/70146
        * upload ready to go to edgy-proposed

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/pouetchess/+bug/72052
        * needs more votes

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/psycopg2/+bug/67410/
        * no debdiff present, missing info for an sru-request, rejected

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/+bug/68380
        * needs more votes

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/mod-mono/+bug/72912
        * not a sru-request, rejected

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/wxmaxima/+bug/43150
        * uploaded to dapper-updates, sitting in the queue?

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/idjc/+bug/66475
        * in consideration

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/xdg-utils/+bug/74408
        * ubuntu-archive must let it into -proposed

Cheers,
   Stefan.