Package requires w32codecs to work

Richard Bailey rmjb at mail.com
Sun Dec 3 22:38:43 GMT 2006

Well... it at least needs to write mpeg4 video, which I guess is Xvid. I'll
test out and see.

If anyone can let me know what multi/universe package provides xvid I'd be
greatful.

- Richard

On 12/3/06, Jordan Mantha <mantha at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Does it have to depend on w32codecs? There are many non-free codecs that
> are at least legal to distribute in Multiverse. I don't know a whole lot
> about this but I'd think you'd be able to avoid w32codecs.
>
> -Jordan
>
> Richard Bailey wrote:
> > Well I control what it depends on so I'll just leave out w32codecs. Can
> > put a mention that you'll need codecs in order for this app to work in
> the
> > description?
> >
> > - Richard

> named

> have
> >> converting
> >> multiverse?
> >>
> >> As long as it does not depend on w32codecs (which is illegal to
> >> redistribute shall I remind people), it can make it to the
> repositories.
> >>
> >> There are universe package that depends on mplayer...
> >>
> >> Hub

"Look at their players from big clubs like Juventus and Arsenal and
Anderlecht, look at ours from San Juan Jabloteh and New England
Revolution...and look what we did. This is the beauty of our game."
Coach Leo Beenhakker - after TnT's draw against Sweden