MOTU School Session: "Packaging Basics"

Jordan Mantha mantha at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 9 01:16:28 BST 2006

Hi all!

 Friday at 01:00 UTC  I'll be doing a MOTU School [0] session on
beginning packaging in #ubuntu-motu-school. It will by no means be
comprehensive but I plan on going over some of the basic stuff (
mostly from the Ubuntu Packaging Guide [1] ) and point out resources
to learn more about packaging. Everybody is welcome to sit in and if
you have every wanted to figure out how those .debs are made, this is
a good opportunity get started.

As always, IRC logs of the session will be posted on the wiki [0] soon
after the session is done so people who missed it can at least read
what happened.

I'm going to try to put up some info for people who like to read ahead
(you know who you are) at [2].

- Jordan Mantha (aka LaserJock)

[0]  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/School
[1]  https://help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/packagingguide/C/
[2]  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/School/PackagingBasics

--
"That's all very well in practice, but will it ever work in theory?" -- G. Hill
"A tidy laboratory means a lazy chemist." -- Jöns Jacob Berzelius