More efficient package reviewing

Hubert Figuiere hub at figuiere.net
Wed Aug 2 20:58:29 BST 2006

Hi,

I would like to raise a few points/concerns about the package reviewing
process and the fact that the backlog of package to be review on REVU is
increasing every day. It is not to blame people, but I'm sure we can make the
process faster by reducing the actual workload.

First, by following the Package Reviewing guide at
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/Reviewing>  I see a lot of things that
could be automated for checking, like checking whether the package is in the
distro or in debian.
We could also have an automatic pbuilding of the package with a detailled
report. Exit the FTBS that reviewers emit.
In short running REVU tools
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/REVU/REVU-Tools> automatically would
make sense, or at least using a "Click-n-run" in the REVU interface.

There is also some suggestion that would need more coding on the REVU
frontend, like listing outstandingly waiting packages, etc.

What do people think?

Hub