Universe Bugs!

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 9 11:37:13 BST 2006

Hi everybody!

I don't know how many of you noticed, but the Desktop Team implemented a
new process of dealing with bugs [1] - especially old ones.

You all know that we have around 7 weeks left for release and I'd like
you all to think of clever ways to get cracking on our bugs. If I count
correctly [2] we momentarily have around 1600 bugs and I think most of
them have to be just confirmed fixed or to be patched.

It's time for the MOTU Forces again to get intimate contact with
upstream CVS and upstream bug trackers to get fixes for all the little
nuisances for Dapper Universe.

I believe that we can fix a lot of small stuff and clean out a lot of
stale bug reports - if you have an idea of how to proceed here, raise
your voice now, so we can do this in an organized fashion.

Thank you very much for all the work you already did, and let's get
cracking on making Dapper Universe the best we ever had.

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-desktop/2006-April/000606.html
[2] http://tinyurl.com/nl87h

Have a nice day,
 Daniel