Ubuntu Packaging Guide: call for review

Jordan Mantha jordan.mantha at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 20:24:51 BST 2006

I know that everyone is hard at work making Dapper rock so I will try
to keep this short.
I am a MOTU and also a member of the Ubuntu Documentation Team. For
Dapper I decided it would be cool to have a guide to packaging in the
shipped documentation. My goals were to help potential contributors
learn to package and make a difference in their distro and also gather
various bits and pieces of packaging help into a single document. To
this end, I have gathered documentation from our own resources
wiki.ubuntu.com [1] as well as Debian ( Debian Policy and New
Maintainer's Guide especially) and tried to put together a cohesive
guide. The DocStringFreeze is here and I'm finally done. What I would
like from you, the Ubuntu community, is a review. I'm no packaging
guru and I would appreciate any technical, as well as aesthetic,
feedback. You can find the Ubuntu Packaging guide in
System->Help->System Documentation in Gnome or on doc.ubuntu.com [2].
The current version will also be in the next kubuntu-docs upload
(perhaps today).

NOTE: Please do not reply to ubuntu-devel. I don't want to get in trouble ;-)
Please instead reply to me directly or email the doc team list ubuntu-doc

Thank you,

-Jordan Mantha (aka LaserJock)

[1] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Documentation
[2] http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/packagingguide/C/index.html

--
"That's all very well in practice, but will it ever work in theory?"
      -- G. Hill, Education in Chemistry, 1992(1), 28.