New dapper artwork

Andrew Mitchell ajmitch at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 30 07:55:07 GMT 2005

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 08:44:48AM +0100, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> WOW. The new usplash artwork in dapper definitly rocks!
>
> Btw, who is responsible for this artwork? Is there any documentation
> how to change it? What format does is need?
>
> Would it be possible that usplash chooses at random which image it
> should show?
>

> regards,
> 	Reinhard

The artwork is in the usplash source package, and I *think* it gets compiled
in at build time (otherwise it'd get stuck in the cpio file for initramfs)
The file to change is usplash-artwork.png, and there are various other artwork
packages already in ubuntu, such as kubuntu-usplash-artwork.
I don't think it's possible to randomly choose an image, without having all
the images built in.

--
Andrew Mitchell
JID: ajmitch at jabber.org