Managing Divergence

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Fri Dec 30 19:33:52 GMT 2005

Evening,

On Friday 30 December 2005 20:17, Martin Meredith wrote:
> I think that with the whole packages not in debian thing we need a DD on
> our MOTU team and on the utnubu team - and then things would get a lot
> easier.

We have, ajmitch and as well I think StevenK is one...

> I plan to be this person some time in the future - but the Debian NM
> process is a long winded one :D lol

If you have the time go on. But thinking of not seeing you around for a long
period of time...I think the way of NM is really a long road to go  :)

> But still - I dont think that utnubu are doing their jobs about getting
> our packages from ubuntu into debian ... which I hope to work on :D

They do...we had a lot of packages with -0ubuntu* in our merges list, they
actually hit debian. Problems with those packages are different orig.tar.gz,
why so ever.

The other packages like gajim, wine, python-sip4/qt/kde are really special and
need some other love then Debian can give for Ubuntu.

Many other packages I merged, they were syncs, I think I can say that 70% of
the packages are syncs for dapper, and the rest are really merges because of
Xorg, python etc.
And this will change (IMHO) with dapper+1 when the modular xorg will hit
debian.

Regards,

\sh

PS: Rheinhard, if you think this repos is worth it, please do. I don't have
any problems with svn or svk :)