It's the BUG DAY!

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 15 07:43:36 GMT 2005

Hello Ubuntu Lovers!

With Dapper Flight 2 out, there is a lot to test and quite a bunch of
people have given their feedback already. We are all excited and know it
already: Dapper will have less bugs than any other release. A lot of
people are meeting the Free Software world for the first time with
Breezy and Dapper and sending in their opinions via bug reports. We care
about their reports.

This is a special time for all of us, let's have the big pre-Christmas
clean-up. If you always wondered how you can help, we have a hint for
you: come to our next Bug Day. If you never wondered how you can help,
well, join the Bug Day too and you'll see that you can make a
difference :-)

The Kubuntu developers will be joining the Bug Day and hope to close as
many of the Kubuntu bugs as possible, if you are a Kubuntu user please
come along to help out.

Also, the MOTU team will be there to tackle and triage Universe bugs. So
if you want to help out in the MOTU team, this is a great start.

Team specific pages are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/TeamSpecifics

In a Bug Day, you can

      * work in a nice team,
      * make sure the bug reporters' concerns are heard,
      * gather all the information needed so developers can fix bugs,
      * close useless bugs,
      * find out where the bugs come from,

and eventually

      * work together with upstream to make changes happen,
      * get experience in hacking and fixing bugs.

We will try to triage as many bugs as possible, but specifically look
into the targets outlined at
     http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay

Make a difference: join the Bug Day on December 21th. We will be in
#ubuntu-bugs (Freenode) all day and night, and will be ready to answer
your questions about how to help.

If you're new to all this, head to
     http://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpingWithBugs

Have a nice day,
 Daniel (for the Bug Team)

PS: Everybody waiting for the next Hug Day, just join us. :-)